Position based in San Antonio, TX
- Plan, design, and improve manufacturing processes in Metal Injection Molding (MIM) supplier’s plant located in San Antonio Texas & Bangalore India (70% Texas / 30% India). Occasional travel also required to other MIM suppliers around the world (Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Colorado, and Hungary).
- Recommend and implement changes and enhancements to manufacturing procedures to improve quality of products.
- Experience with control plans
- Inspection techniques
- Gage R&R & Bias
- Evaluate and improve product designs for manufacturability while applying GD&T and dimensional stack-ups.
- Provide expert consultation in one or more areas for the design, development and implementation of technical systems and manufacturing processes. Areas of expertise required include but not limited to:
- Metal Injection Molding
- Plastic Injection Molding
- High volume CNC machining fixtures
- Gage design
- Machine / Tool Design
- Heat treatment of Metals
- Metal finishing
- Originate and develop new systems and processes and manage teams to successfully implement into production.
- Resolve quality issues related to product and processes using statistical methods.
- Keep track of open issues and drive all projects to closure.
- Perform as technical leader and resource to co-workers while actively mentoring less senior engineers and quality inspectors / technicians
- Provides consultation on complex projects and is considered to be a top level contributor/specialist
Job experience, skills and abilities:
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering and at least 10 years of experience or 15+ years of experience with trade apprenticeship or equivalent metal trades experience in a related field
- Proficiency with Solidworks or similar CAD system
- Good working knowledge of materials and heat treating processes.
- In depth knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) ASME Y14.5M-1994
- Overall must be able to work in a team, lead, plan, and execute multiple projects. Quality of work must be very high. Written and verbal communication of complicated subjects is required. Organization of documentation and record keeping shall be to a high standard.
- Must be able to demonstrate expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures
- Must be able to rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Possesses a wide degree of creativity and latitude
Please send resume to: email@example.com